Lag be damned. One of the main attractions in Second Life these days are shopping events like Collabor88, Uber, Cosmopoliton, Equal10, Enchantment and Shiny Shabby to name a few… All the up to date events can be found here at the Seraphim website. My personal thoughts on this matter are these…
No matter if you are a premium SL member or not, lag will be significantly reduced if you in-particular show some rendering respect. Do your part when visiting these places by dressing down. WAY DOWN. Some ways to do this are..
- If your mesh body has a low script version, wear that.
- Dress as your older classic body self. (Premesh bodies and heads).
- Wear nothing but a full body alpha. (I have considered it).
- Visit as a floating head LOL.
- Wear the paper stick doll avatar (Mine is the Basic Bitch I will display on this blog by AFI Designs).
- DO NOT wear the wearable companion pets!
- Do Not wear any particles and poofers or bumpers
- Set your Firestorm to “View Friends Only” Its at the bottom of the World Menu at the top of your viewer. Yes we walk into people but I don’t think anyone cares and they all do it too.
- Slide your Maximum Complexity slider all the way down to view all as Jelly Dolls. Read more info here… Maximum Complexity and You! and Avatar Complexity and Graphics Presets by Inara Pey.
So when events are too full to get in there are a couple options.
- You can become a Premium Member of Second Life which gives you priority with the event having a few extra slots for premium members only.
- You can keep trying or wait until another time.
- You can get the TP Hammer. There is a down side for the TP Hammer. You must read on how to use it because if you don’t you won’t know what to do when you are stuck trying and trying over and over and won’t know how to make it stop so you get up and give up Hahaha! Seriously though… it might not be the best thing to have and use when you can always go back later.
Isn’t that avatar funny? Her name was my idea LOL. I am the Basic Bitch. LOL. Anyway.. Happy shopping and good luck getting into events. We need to bring back what SL used to be before there were events like this as entertainment. SL is so much more than shopping at events isn’t it? Here is my friend Naria’s Bitchin at Events video from like a week ago. I think she is so funny!!